Summer is on the horizon so today I am teaming up with Hudsonville Ice Cream to get you excited for warmer weather! I used their NEW Limited Edition Blueberry Graham Delight ice cream to create the easiest and most delicious icebox cake.
What I especially love about this recipe is that it’s totally customizable. It’s all about layers and add-ons and you can pick and choose your own favorite flavors. For mine, I included layers of graham crackers as well as Hudsonville’s Blueberry Graham Delight ice cream. I then added whip cream on top with fresh blueberries as well as some fresh raspberries for a little color.
This recipe is easy to make and feeds a crowd so it’s perfect for all the bbqs, parties, and family get-togethers you plan on having all summer long.
THE ICE CREAM
When it comes to ice cream, my choice is always Hudsonville Ice Cream. Peak ice cream season is right around the corner and Hudsonville Ice Cream has two NEW Limited Edition flavors to make moments even sweeter this summer: Blueberry Graham Delight and American Fireworks.
Blueberry Graham Delight features rich vanilla ice cream with blueberry sauce and ribbons of graham cracker, making it a perfect addition to any summertime activity. American Fireworks features a sweet and sour ice cream base mixed with ribbons of sour cherry swirl and its signature ingredient of blue popping candy.
One thing I love about Hudsonville is that they keep their flavor lineup fresh with new incredible flavor options! This helps the company keep its flavor lineup fresh while testing out new flavor options for the future seasons.
Make sure to visit Hudsonville’s Scoop Locator to find where you can pick up these new flavors near you. You’ll want to grab them quickly before it’s too late!
When making the icebox cake, there are some simple tips to follow for the perfect treat:
1. Make sure to soften the ice cream beforehand by leaving it out for a bit. I also transferred mine into a big metal bowl and smoothed it out by stirring it around for a bit to create a smooth uniform texture.
2. Make sure to freeze the cake for 15-20 minutes in between the ice cream and whip cream layer. This will prevent it from melting into one big blob.
3. After the whip cream topping, let the cake sit overnight before adding the final fresh fruit layer. Otherwise all the fruit will sink into the whip cream topping and you will have a hot mess (literally)!
4. Use a spatula when spreading out each layer. It will help evenly distribute the ice cream and whip cream topping.
5. When cutting the cake, first run your sharp knife under hot water. This will help create a clean cut.
6. Since we are dealing with ice cream here, leave the cake in the freezer until you are ready to serve because otherwise it will obviously begin to melt.
- 2-48 oz cartons of Hudsonville’s Limited Edition Blueberry Graham Delight Ice Cream
- 1 package of graham crackers
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries
- 1 can of whip cream
1. Set out 2 cartons of Hudsonville Blueberry Graham Delight Ice Cream for 15-20 minutes.
2. While the ice cream sits, lightly butter a large glass pyrex dish. Add your first layer of graham crackers as the bottom crust. Break apart a few to make sure the entire area is covered.
3. Place about 1 carton of the softened Hudsonville Blueberry Graham Delight Ice Cream directly on the graham crackers and even it out with a spatula. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Pull the pyrex out of the freezer and place another layer of graham crackers across making sure the entire area is covered. Then place another carton of the softened Hudsonville Blueberry Graham Delight Ice Cream directly on the graham crackers and even it out with a spatula. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Next, even spread the whip cream over the ice cream layer. Use a spatula to get it nice and smooth. Cover with tinfoil and place in the freezer overnight.
6. The next day, distribute the blueberries and raspberries (or strawberries) in a decorative design across your icebox cake. Cover with tinfoil and place back in the freezer until ready to serve.
*Find the printable version of the recipe below.
So there you have it! A super easy and delicious icebox cake. It’s totally foolproof and just takes a bit of patience, but its well worth the wait. As I said above, it’s totally customizable and you can pick and choose the ice cream flavors and decor you want to use on top. Just make sure to use quality ice cream (like Hudsonville Ice Cream) because that is truly the shining star.
See some more photos below:
This is the perfect sweet treat for any get together with family and friends, parties, or BBQs you have planned this summer. It’s easy to make and the perfect summertime treat! Lastly, it makes great leftovers and lasts a long time because it’s in the freezer.
*A huge thank you to Hudsonville Ice Cream for partnering on this post. As always, all opinions are my own.