Did you know that you can eat ice cream for breakfast?! Well you can and today I’m teaming up with Hudsonville Ice Cream to share a recipe for cinnamon roll bowl ice cream sundaes. These are so easy to make and your kids will love them! My daughter licked her entire plate clean and of course ate her entire cinnamon roll bowl too.
February 6th is Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day and Hudsonville is celebrating with some creative ways to sweeten your morning moments for better memories in 2021.While the holiday season is over and winter is here, it doesn’t mean there still aren’t sweet moments to be had. We are bringing back nostalgic memories of Saturday mornings, cartoons, and cozy feelings of being at home.
Dig out your blankets, stay in your pajamas, and cuddle up on the couch with a bowl of your favorite flavor. It’s the easiest way to snap out of your winter slump and turn your morning around. Everyday moments can be made more special with ice cream.
I created the perfect treat to help you celebrate! What are cinnamon roll bowls you ask? Basically they’re a bowl made out of a cinnamon roll. Totally edible and totally delicious! The best part is that they are SUPER EASY to make. I guarantee you will want to make them again and again.
THE ICE CREAM
When it comes to ice cream, I always choose Hudsonville. For this recipe I went with Hudsonville’s French Vanilla for a classic and more traditional vibe, as well as Hudsonville’s Bananas Foster. Um the Bananas Foster was AH-MAZING and paired perfectly with the cinnamon roll bowls. It has a combination of brown sugar, caramelized banana swirls, and vanilla wafers. What more can you ask for?!
Hudsonville Ice Cream has a variety of tasty flavors to choose from including Dairy Free, Extra Indulgent pints, and Limited Edition flavors too. Make sure to use their Scoop Locator so you can find a store near you.
When it comes to sundaes, the ice cream is obviously important, but so are the toppings. I like to provide a variety, but don’t want to make it too overwhelming. I think anywhere from 5-10 options is a good number to stick with. You always want a combination of healthy, sweet, crunchy, and saucy. They of course can overlap, but you want to make sure you have enough variety so that everyone’s favorite is available.
Our sundae options included the following:
Some other toppings you could use include: fresh berries, coconut flakes, dried banana slices or other types of dried fruit, crushed cookies, gummy bears, peanuts, granola, almonds, toffee bites, marshmallows, and cereal. Also let’s not forget about the sauces. It’s always fun to add chocolate syrup or hot fudge, caramel sauce, whipped cream, or some sort of berry compote.
Now let’s get to the recipe…shall we?
CINNAMON ROLL BOWL ICE CREAM SUNDAES
- 1 store bought tube of cinnamon rolls
- Hudsonville Ice Cream (I went with French Vanilla and Bananas Foster)
- cooking spray
- bag of M&Ms
- rainbow sprinkles
- jar of cherries
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- chocolate sauce
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or whatever temperature the tube of cinnamon rolls suggests).
- Spray an inverted muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Open up the cinnamon roll tube and separate each cinnamon roll. Coil the cinnamon roll around the outside of each inverted muffin holder to create a bowl. Make sure to pinch the ridges and openings together in order to prevent the bowl from separating while baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or a little less than the time suggested on the packaging. Just keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn.
- Carefully remove each cinnamon roll bowl from the tins and let cool for 5 minutes. In the meantime, take out the ice cream and organize your toppings.
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream to each bowl as well as desired toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Find the printable version of the recipe below.
So as you can see this recipe is so easy and fun. It’s the perfect way to incorporate Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day! You can pick and choose different ice cream flavors as well as toppings depending on what you like and the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
PIN ME 😉
*A huge thank you to Hudsonville Ice Cream for partnering on this post. As always, all opinions are my own.