Lately I have been trying to up my salad game and have been getting a bit more creative in the kitchen. It’s always fun to take a classic and then switch up a few of the ingredients to add your own little spin on it. Today I’m teaming up with Gorton’s to share a popcorn shrimp cobb salad.
Cobb salads have been a favorite of mine for awhile, but chicken can get a little boring. In today’s recipe, I added Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp instead for a little extra flavor and crunch. They are super easy to make and you can always find them in your freezer section.
To go with the popcorn shrimp, I added some romaine lettuce, avocado, egg, feta cheese, tomatoes, and red onion. I love all the vibrant colors and textures. You could easily substitute feta cheese for blue cheese and even add some bacon if you like. I’m not really a lover of bacon so I decided to leave that ingredient out.
For the dressing I went with a classic ranch cobb salad dressing to help meld all the flavors together. If you don’t like creamy dressings, you could always use a mustard vinaigrette for a lighter feel.
This is an easy and delicious go-to recipe that can even be enjoyed as leftovers throughout the week or incorporated into your meal prep routine. As a freezer staple, Gorton’s Shrimp is preserved for freshness whenever you need them. You can cook some for a quick snack and then save the rest for another time.
Shrimp is also a great source of protein, rich in vitamins and minerals, non-GMO, and immunity boosting. With a fresh taste and a quick cook time, Gorton’s Shrimp is an easy way to incorporate more seafood into your diet.
Lastly, kids love them too! My daughter is quite the picky eater, but loves this popcorn shrimp. For dinner she had a deconstructed version of all the ingredients in our salad. Now that I know she loves Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp so much, I’ll make sure to have a few handy in my freezer for a quick go-to meal.
Let’s get started:
- 1 box of Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp
- 1 bag of romaine lettuce
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Arrange Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp on a sheet pan and bake for 14-16 minutes (flipping after 8 minutes).
- While the shrimp is cooking, begin to arrange your salad. Chop up the tomatoes, red onion, and avocado.
- Grab a big bowl and place the lettuce down first. Then add all your toppings in colorful rows starting with the red onion, avocado, egg, cherry tomatoes, and feta. Make sure to leave space in the center for the popcorn shrimp.
- Once the shrimp are done cooking, add your shrimp to your salad. Then add your dressing on top (recipe below) and serve!
NOW ONTO THE DRESSING…
As I said before, I wanted to add a creamier dressing because I thought it would pair well with the Popcorn Shrimp. You can easily switch it our for a vinaigrette or even a store bought dressing of your choice. Here’s the recipe below:
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and mix together really well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
*A huge thank you to Gorton’s for partnering on this post. As always all opinions are my own.