When I think of summertime, ice cream sandwiches always come to mind. They are the perfect sweet treat and a total party crowd pleaser. Today I’m teaming up with Hudsonville Ice Cream to share three easy ice cream cookie sandwich recipes that you can make with your family and friends this summer.
If you haven’t heard of Hudsonville Ice Cream before, then you’re really missing out. They’re a midwest crafted creamery with a strong work ethic and a passion for creating the best ice cream around. They were founded in West Michigan and have been perfecting the art of ice cream since 1926. Not sure where to find it? Use their Scoop Locator to find a store near you!
What I especially love about these recipes is that they’re totally customizable. It’s all about mixing and matching different ice cream flavors and cookie combinations. When it comes to ice cream flavors, I chose a few of my favorites, including Hudsonville’s Creamery Blend Vanilla and Cookies ‘N Cream. I also tried one of their summer favorites: Mackinac Island Fudge. It’s a buttery fudge swirled into vanilla ice cream with chocolate fudge pieces. So delish and it’s also gluten free.
Homemade ice cream sandwiches are really one of the simplest desserts to make, but there are a few tips that will help make them even more successful.
TIPS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES:
1. Make sure to soften the ice cream a bit beforehand by leaving it out for at least 15-20 minutes. It makes it easier to scoop and mold between the cookies.
2. Try to make your cookies all a uniform size. This will make it easier to match them up when creating the ice cream sandwiches.
3. Accept imperfection. We aren’t creating perfect store bought ice cream cookie sandwiches here. Imperfections are totally acceptable and even give your ice cream sandwiches a little character.
4. Freeze your cookies before assembling. This is a tip I actually read online while doing a bit of research. It helps make the cookie firmer and easier to work with so you will have less breakage.
5. Since we are dealing with ice cream here, leave the ice cream cookie sandwiches in the freezer until you are ready to serve because otherwise they will obviously begin to melt. I also like to wrap each one up individually with plastic wrap to help them keep their shape.
NOW ONTO THE COOKIE RECIPES:
For these ice cream sandwiches I created two different types of cookies. Chocolate chip cookies, which I paired with Hudsonville’s Creamery Blend Vanilla as well as chocolate brownie cookies, which I paired with Hudsonville’s Cookies ‘N Cream and Mackinac Island Fudge. I choose to use thinner cookies to make it easier when creating the homemade ice cream sandwiches.
Also, If you’re in a pinch for time or don’t want to turn on your oven, you can always go for store bought cookies.
Once you have your cookies made, you want to have them cooled. Also as I said above, putting them in the freezer or fridge to get hard is even better. Lastly, if you don’t feel like making your cookies from scratch, you can always use store bought ones. There are so many options.
Now it’s time to create your ice cream sandwiches. I’m going to share three recipes with you so let’s get started:
SPRINKLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
BROWNIE COOKIES ‘N CREAM ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
So there you have it! Three homemade ice cream cookie sandwich recipes. They are really simple to make and super delicious. These ice cream sandwiches are totally customizable so you can pick and choose the ice cream flavors, cookie combinations, and toppings. Just make sure to use quality ice cream (like Hudsonville Ice Cream) because that is truly the shining star.
*LASTLY, TO HELP MAKE THIS THE SWEETEST SUMMER EVER, HUDSONVILLE ICE CREAM IS OFFERING $2 OFF ANY 48OZ. FLAVOR OF HUDSONVILLE ICE CREAM WITH THIS COUPON.
See a few more photos below:
WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT TO MAKE FIRST?! LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
*A huge thank you to Hudsonville Ice Cream for partnering on this post. As always, all opinions are my own.