We have been making this recipe on heavy rotation recently and I realized that I never shared it with all of you! Personally I feel like it’s the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe I’ve ever made (and I’ve tried a lot). It’s super easy and made with ingredients that should already be in your home.
Let’s break it down….
- Loaf Pan (we like this glass one)
- 3 Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixer (I love this light hand one)
- 2 cups of all-purposed flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9X5 loaf pan (preferably glass).
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
3. Mash bananas, milk, and cinnamon in another bowl. Mix together.
4. Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time and beat well with a mixer in another bowl. Then mix in the sugar.
5. Combine the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
6. Slowly stir in the dry mixture until well blended.
7. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips with a spoon. Then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake in the oven for about 70 minutes (1 hour and 10 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool in the loaf pan for about 15-20 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Then serve!
SHOP THE POST