Lets be honest, shopping for kids is the easiest and also the most fun during the holidays. The options are endless and my favorite retailer to turn to is always Amazon. They have a plethora of options catered to gender, age, and interest. I sorted it all out for you and broke today’s post into three different gift guides including one for babies, one for toddlers, and one for big kids.
Besides what I’ve got listed below, I have a few creative ideas that are more of an experience or customized piece:
Kids of all ages LOVE classes and they can get really expensive (especially in the city). Why not give the gift of a winter class or money towards one. Both the parents as well as the kids will appreciate it.
If you live in Chicago, there is also something called Pearachute where you can give credits towards a wide variety of classes throughout the Chicagoland area. That way you’re able to try out a variety of different activities for your child.
I’m also thinking of signing Elle up for ballet in the new year since she loves to dance and when she was little we were a huge fan of Broadway & Me.
MEMBERSHIP TO THE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
My sister-in-law gave us this gift last year and it was great! A yearly membership will go to good use and it’s fun for the whole family. Most major cities have some sort of Children’s Museum and if not, there are usually other kid-friendly museum options available.
Another great gift idea is offering up yourself to babysit or take the kid or kids out on a fun day trip adventure. This is especially cute for grandparents or aunts and uncles. Switching up the daily routine can be super fun and unexpected.
I absolutely love when things are monogrammed or personalized for my child. There is a great website called Stuck On You that has the cutest stuff! They also have a bunch of holiday themed items like books, Santa sacks, stockings, puzzles, ornaments, and more.
I also recently got my friend’s kid a book from this website called Wonderbly. Books always make amazing presents and the fact that it’s personalized makes it even better. Such a fun idea!
TICKETS OR EXPERIENCES
Kids do love toys, but they also love experiences. To go along with a few of the things I’ve listed above, you can buy tickets to a concert or play that is kid friendly or even to an amusement park you think they might be interested in. Depending on where you live, there are different options. If you live in Chicago then lunch or dinner at The American Girl would be fun or going to a Build-A -Bear Workshop. We are also taking Elle on the Polar Express, which will be one of her holiday presents.
TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD OR DISNEYLAND
Elle has been dying to go to Disney World and we are going to try hard to make that happen for her. If we can’t make Disney World, then for sure Disneyland. Can you believe that I’ve never been to Disney World!? It is honestly every kids dream come true and we hope to make it a reality for her. It is definitely a BIG gift, unlike a lot of the ones below which are all under $50.
Let’s break it down:
BABY SHOP THE POST
1. Activity Cube // 2. Poppin’ Pals // 3. Disney Puppets // 4. My First Purse // 5. Musical Toy
6. Foot Finders // 7. Rainbow Stacker // 8. Soft Book // 9. Pink Bunny // 10. Tummy Time Mat
11. Play Mat with Animals // 12. Baby Tablet // 13. Piano // 14. Walker // 15. Animated Elephant
SHOP THE POST FOR TODDLERS
1. Scooter // 2. Kinetic Sand // 3. Wooden Beauty Set // 4. Clean Up Set // 5. Magnetic Dress-Up
6. Wooden Pizza Set // 7. Wooden Train Set // 8. Pet Vet // 9. Magna-Tiles // 10. Peppa Pig House
11. Learning Piggy Bank // 12. Doctor Set // 13. Drill & Learn Toolbox // 14. Wooden Train
15. Farm Play Set // 16. Baby Shark Fishing Game //17. Construction Duplo Set
SHOP THE POST FOR BIG KIDS
1. Basketball Set // 2. Paw Patrol Fire Truck // 3. Electric Guitar // 4. Scribble Scrubble Pets
5. Owleez // 6. Camera // 7. Playmobil Modern Doll House // 8. LEGO Star Wars Set
9. Tiny Tukkins Playhouse Set // 10. Make Your Own Soap Craft Kit // 11. Ice Cream Cart
12. Hungry Hippos // 13. Barbie Fashionista & Accessories // 14. Princess Dress Up Trunk