In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I thought I would share a fun recipe you can try to recreate at home. It’s a spin on the traditional Irish Coffee and adds a more impactful punch with the addition of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey.
Developed in San Diego, Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey is an award-winning peanut butter flavored whiskey. Unlike any other brand, Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey actually tastes like peanut butter and can be enjoyed in a shot, standalone, or as part of a premium cocktail like the recipe below.
How do you make this Irish Coffee recipe you ask? Well I’m going to show you. There are a few simple steps to take in order for it to turn out perfect:
1. BREW YOUR FAVORITE COFFEE
I personally prefer a dark roast, but go with whatever you love best or whatever you have on hand. Freshly brewed coffee is a must when it comes to this recipe.
2. ADD IN A QUALITY WHISKEY
The whiskey is another important factor to today’s recipe. I went with Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey. It’s a newer brand created by a husband and wife duo out in California. It’s unique in the fact that it is made with real peanuts and has a fun flavor that’s perfect for our Irish coffee.
3. SWEETEN IT UP
You need to add a little something sweet to the mix so for this recipe I’m add a combination of Irish cream, real whipped cream (the more the merrier!), and a cinnamon stick as a garnish. All these flavors adds the perfect combination to sweeten up the drink.
PEANUT BUTTER IRISH COFFEE
- 1 1/2 ounces of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons of Irish Cream
- 6 ounces of Hot Freshly Brewed Coffee
- Whipped Cream (I just used the one from a can)
- Cinnamon Sticks (for garnish)
1. Brew your coffee and set aside.
2. Pour 1 1/2 ounces of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey into a heat-safe mug. Slowly add in the hot coffee and stir with a spoon. Now add in the Irish cream and stir again.
3. Top with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT! A FUN AND FESTIVE WAY TO START OFF YOUR CELEBRATION. ENJOY AND HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
*In collaboration with Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey