If you ever go on Tik Tok, then you have probably seen a zillion videos of the infamous baked feta and tomato pasta. Well I made it last week and it was delish! I loosely followed this recipe, but switched it up a bit and wanted to share what worked well with mine. It’s a super easy dish to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Your kids will love it too!
Here we go!
- 2 boxes of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta (I went with linguini this time, but might choose a different noodle next time like bow tie or penne)
- 1 block of feta cheese (about 8oz)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- olive oil (about a 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional and add only if you like spicy)
- fresh basil leaves (also optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cherry/grape tomatoes to a dish and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Add the block of feta to the center and top with more olive oil and a little bit of pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until everything has nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pasta of choice according to the package. Make sure to reserve at least a 1/2 cup of salted pasta water before draining. This will help meld all the flavors together.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and add your freshly chopped garlic as well as your red pepper flakes. Mix everything together.
- Then toys in your pasta and a bit of the reserved pasta water. Mix again until everything is evenly coated.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.
So there you have it! This pasta dish is super easy and extremely delicious! You can add other veggies (like mushrooms, onion, or spinach) to it as well as a protein (like shrimp or chicken). The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!