Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chopped chocolate with the butter, stirring a few times, until smooth, about 7 minutes.
- In another large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar at medium speed for about 5 minutes. Then beat in the vanilla and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour and baking powder. Lastly, Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into a shallow baking dish, cover and freeze until well chilled and firm (for about 1 hour).
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Use a piece of greased parchment paper to press down on the cookies (this will help with making them thin and crispy).
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cookies are dry around the edges and cracked on top.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.