Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ sticks salted butter, at room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt using a whisk then set aside.
- In a large electric mixing bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg, water, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon.
- Using a regular sized ice cream scoop (approximately 2-2 ¼ oz), fill a level scoop onto lightly greased cookie sheet, putting 9 cookies per sheet. Spray a piece of wax or parchment paper with a non-stick cooking spray and lightly press down each cookie. This is the secret to making a thinner cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes and let cool.