I love pasta and this is my favorite one to make in the summertime. It’s super simple, involves minimal prep time and is a fan favorite. We usually serve it as a side dish to accompany steak, chicken, or fish. Let’s get started:
- 1 package of pasta of your choice (we usually like to use spaghetti or linguini)
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced up
- 1/2 package of brie cheese, diced up into cubes
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- basil to garnish (forgot this one today!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil and minced garlic into a big bowl.
- Dice up your tomatoes and brie, and add both to the bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese and a few basil leaves to the bowl and mix everything together. Then add a little salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Boil your pasta (I always like to add salt to my water) and drain. Sometimes I like to mix in a bit of pasta water (about a tablespoon) to thicken the sauce a little.
- Add the hot pasta to the room temperature sauce and mix together, then serve immediately.