Crispy Baked Fish Tacos
- 1.5 lbs of firm white fish cut into 2 inch pieces (we used cod from Sitka Salmon)
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Then add the whisked egg in another bowl.
- Dip each fish piece in the egg so that it is evenly coated on all sides. Then transfer the fish to the panko mixture and gently press it on so that the fish is evenly coated. Transfer pieces onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the fish for 10-15 minutes or until it is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Assemble your tacos by adding lime slaw (see recipe blow), avocado cream (see recipe blow), sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, and of course warm flour tortillas