Growing up, I was obsessed with monkey bread. For some reason I remember only being able to get it in California when visiting my grandparents. Since we have been home a lot recently, we have turned to baking which is a great activity for kids. I decided we needed to recreate my childhood favorite so monkey bread it is!
When looking up recipes, I realized that I didn’t have a bundt cake pan (which was recommended in most recipes) so decided to do it in loaf format instead. Also a lot of the recipes called for refrigerated biscuit dough, but I only had crescent roll dough from Trader Joe’s so I went with that. Clearly they are very similar because It turned out delicious!
This recipe is super easy to make and only uses 4 ingredients so I obviously had to share…
- Loaf Pan (I like to use this glass one)
- Measuring cup (I have these)
- Measuring spoons (I have these)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits or crescent rolls (they come in a tube)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Open the biscuit package and cut into little pieces the size of a quarter.
3. In a small bowl melt the butter. Then set aside.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
5. Dip each biscuit piece into butter first and then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Make sure to drip off excess butter and evenly coat each piece.
6. Place coated biscuit pieces into a buttered loaf pan.
7. Once all the pieces have been thoroughly coated, place the loaf pan into the oven and bake for 20-23 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
9. Then flip over onto a plate and serve.