The holiday season is always my favorite time of year. I love all the celebrations, festive fashion, decorations, and time spent with family and friends. It is a little harder to go out and do as many things this season since I’m almost at my due date, but I’ve been trying.
Two weekends ago we had some friends over to watch the Festival of the Lights on the Magnificent Mile. Since we live right by Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, we thought it would be fun to watch the parade and celebrate the holiday season. We wanted to bring some festive drinks and snacks outside so I whipped up some homemade hot chocolate and white chocolate peppermint cookie bark to join in on the fun.
Thanks to Dixie® To Go cups, we were able to bring our hot chocolate to the festival. Their leak-resistant lid and insulated layer gives you the best on-the-go experience. No effort, no clean up, no worries so you have more time to focus on the things that matter. Dixie® To Go cups helped us enjoy our hot chocolate on the go so we could celebrate more and stress less.
The hot chocolate and peppermint bark were both a huge hit so I wanted to share both recipes with you today. The white chocolate peppermint cookie bark is the perfect snack to bring to any holiday party and would also make the cutest gift. The hot chocolate is so simple to make and why not spice things up by adding a fancy marshmallow to the mix. Both recipes are extremely festive and perfect for the holiday season.
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Bark
- 20 ounces of white chocolate morsels
- 16 chocolate cookies or Oreo cookies
- 1 package of candy canes
- Line a 13 X 9 baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the cookies and candy canes each in a separate plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt the white chocolate using a microwave. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds so that the chocolate does not burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spread onto the tray using a spatula or knife. The white chocolate should cover the entire pan in an even thin layer.
- Top with crushed cookies.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden.
- As the chocolate mixture is hardening, melt the remaining 12 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and spread the remaining white chocolate over the top in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top of the chocolate.
- Place back in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes to harden completely.
- Once ready, lift the parchment paper onto the counter. The chocolate should lift right off the paper.
- Break into pieces by hand or by using a knife.
Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of hot water
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Continue to cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in the milk and heat, making sure not to boil.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla then stir well.
- Serve immediately with fun marshmallows and candy canes.
I was selected for this paid opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
I use those cups to take my coffee in the morning – the best! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston
This is so cute! I love the snowman marshmallow!! I should try out this recipe!
Yum! I love peppermint bark, so I cannot wait to give this recipe a try. What a fun holiday post!
xo, Whitney and Blaire
Peaches In A Pod
Those marshmallows are SO cute!!! That bark looks so delicious too. Thank you for sharing! 🙂
I love peppermint bark!! And those snowmen marshmallows are so cute!
Definitely need to try my hand at this! Peppermint bark is honestly my favorite holiday goodie <3
Wow, these are such great festive recipes, girlie! The chocolate bark is surprisingly so easy to make, I’ll have to see if I can make them myself! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you’re having a great week so far!
You are seriously something fierce! I admire your ability to do so many things SO well! 🙂
Definitely saving both these recipes for later. Love these photos, too! So festive!
YUM! My husband would go nuts over this! Love the addition of the oreos <3
Oh this looks so yummy and pretty!
Oh good grief, this looks amazing. Currently sitting at my desk drooling 🙂
Katie | WillowAndWhiteBlog.com
That bark looks and sounds delicious! Need to make!
Yumm!!! I can’t wait for Christmas to come!
Tamara – LoveofMode.com
That peppermint white chocolate bark looks so good. It’s a great way to bring in the holidays. :]
// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
Yummy! Perfect idea for my micro party! My sis and her family is coming over and this will be a surprise!
I swear: BEST recipe ever! This looks SO delicious!
YUMMY!!! Love these! Thanks for the recipe! =)
Mermaid in Heels
Ok, now I’m drooling! This looks seriously amazing. Gorgeous photos too!
Heidi || Wishes & Reality
Perfect timing! I’m making peppermint bark for a party in 10 days. I haven’t seen a recipe with oreos in it though, maybe I’ll give it a try
Carly at A Modern Mom Blog
This looks so good! I also love your photos! 🙂 xx
What a cute idea! Those snowmen are adorable!
peppermint bark is my fav! love it!